Oil extraction, or oleaginous products treatment, consists of extracting oil from the grain to produce a meal intended to be used as animal feed or as fuel.
Given the diversity and specificity of the seeds to be treated along with the multitude of opportunities when it comes to finished goods, there are 3 main types of processes:
In single pressing and pre-pressing alike, OLEXA® offers equipment adapted to the treatment of all oleaginous seeds, regardless of production capacity.
Our manufacturing plant possesses a pilot unit, allowing us to reproduce, on a small scale, the operations that are traditionally carried out in the oil milling industry. Depending on the type of seeds treated and the wishes of our customers, we study and create equipment adapted to each case.
Our expertise, reinforced by our 90 years of experience, allows us to design and manufacture turnkey solutions: from the receipt of seeds to the storage of the final products (oil and meals).
According to the type of seeds and the needs of our customers, we offer 3 types of process:
First cold pressing (pressing and filtration)
Cold pressing setup
Arriving from storage, the whole seeds, after being cleaned and weighed, are dropped into the dosing feeder for entry to the press.
Caution: This process is not necessarily adapted to all seed types. Do not hesitate to contact us for further information.
- Low investment
- High quality oil, direct use after filtration
- Good protein content in the meal
- Yields depend on the variety of seeds, the level of humidity and the temperature. Use of a preheater or dryer is advised so as to stabilise the results.
- No recycling is possible concerning the sediments contained within the oil
- At a lower temperature than that of hot pressing, the oil is more viscous. It is advised to run a pre-filtration before filtering (screener or screening tank) and to allow for a greater filtration capacity
Hot pressing (Flaker /crusher + cooker + press + filtration)
Double pressing: Cold pre-pressing + hot pressing
(Pressing + conditioning + pressing + filtration (double or single)